|Attention! The DEFINITIVE Rules and Guidelines Post:
||[Nov. 16th, 2012|03:25 am]
jagaimo art journal
Welcome to the definitive rules and guidelines post.|
So far this is an open journal, in that it's not just limited to "Friends Only", as it's still growing and doesn't have many friends anyways.
But, there are a few guidelines for viewing artwork or poetry here at jagaimo:
1. My illustrations are not to be posted ANYWHERE without my permission under any circumstances. EVER. I could care less if you posted it somewhere and said "Oh someone else made this." because it won't suffice. If you didn't get express permission from me, then don't use it. This includes hotlinking.
2. However, if I draw something for you, you are free to post it wherever, as long as you mention that either Erin Turberville drew it, or link back here saying that "potato-sensei" drew it.
3. Do not edit any of my drawings and then call them yours.
4. Do not post in any languages other than English or French (but mostly English please. I'm not that great at French).
5. Please use constructive criticism, and/or overall positive comments. I'm not saying lie to me and tell me something's good when it's not; I'm saying if you notice something I can improve on, don't be a jerk about it. Because if you're an ass about it, I'll just pay you no heed and delete your comment anyways.
6. Also, please refrain from comparing it to "other anime/manga" or saying it looks like "such and such manga character". I do next to no fanart, basically because I don't feel like butchering another artist's creation. And when someone looks at my art and goes "Oh, that looks like Misao from Kenshin." it makes me feel like a lame-o copycat even if it doesn't resemble the character in the least.
Regarding poetry and prose:
1. My poetry is not to be reposted anywhere else. Ever. You will never ever be given permission to repost my poetry, so here it is right now: if you catch anyone reposting poetry from jagaimo, and saying they got permission, you know they're lying because NO ONE WILL EVER BE GIVEN PERMISSION TO REPOST MY POETRY ANYWHERE.
2. Comment settings have automatically been disabled for all poetry entries for four basic reasons:
a. comments that aren't serious about my poetry (i.e. ur liek so emo)
b. comments that read too much into my poetry (ZOMG! did u liek write this about me! I haet u nows!)
c. comments implying that I'm suicidal because I write sad poetry
d. comments picking apart my grammar of all things (i.e. ZOMG! u liek needs to capitalize and ues punctuation?!!!11111oneirony!!!11)
3. It may seem odd to say so, but never ever read my poetry alloud. I have heard several people try to read my poems alloud, and it just never sounds right. I think it would send more of a message to someone if they read it anyways. If you want someone to read a poem, this is an open journal, SEND THEM A LINK.
This post will be updated as often as neccessary (which, hopefully won't be that often).